This recipe is proof that you can make a meal out of the egg and cheese lying idle at the back of your fridge. It is low in carbs, and quite a filling breakfast if you’re on a ketogenic diet.
It’s a delicious meal, and only takes 10 – 20 minutes to prepare.
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup shredded cheese
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 – 3 tablespoon butter
- Sour cream (optional)
How to make ketogenic egg and cheese pancakes
- Break the eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk, adding salt and pepper.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder into mix and whisk until all the lumps are gone.
- Add the cheese
- Heat the butter in a pan at medium or high heat
- Pour you required amount of pancake mixture into the pan. I like mine thick and filling, so I tend to add a little more.
- When the bottom of the pancake is firm and the sides start to brown, flip over to cook the other side.
- Serve once completely cooked with a dollop of sour cream