If you’re looking for easy, quick leto-friendly breakfast options, this one is a winner. It is also quite versatile, so you could have it for breakfast with some bullet-proof coffee, or for lunch or dinner with some salad, spinach etc – the possibilities are endless.
It is a ketogenic low-carb meal, and only takes 5 – 10 minutes to prepare.
Mushroom omelette nutritional information
How to prepare a mushroom omelette
- 3 eggs
- 1 oz. butter (this is for frying)
- Chopped 1/4 onion
- 2 – 3 mushrooms
- salt and pepper (for seasoning)
- Wash the mushrooms, chop into thin slices and set aside.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and add some salt, pepper and any other spices you wish to add.
- Whisk the mixture into a batter using a fork.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and pour in the batter when the butter has melted.
- When the omelet begins to cook and get firm, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle the chopped mushrooms and onion on top.
- Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelet, then fold it over in half. When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelet on to a plate.