Okro soup is one of the most popular ‘draw soups’ (because of its slimy nature) enjoyed in almost every part of Nigeria. Okro is also globally known as lady fingers and is rich in protein. Okra soup alone contains about 105 calories per serving and also high in fiber content.
Okra soup is keto-compliant by standard and can be enjoyed as a meal or with any keto-compliant choice of ‘swallow’.
- 400 g Okro (nicely chopped)
- 500g stockfish
- 250g Fresh Shrimp
- 3 Yellow Chillis ( or 1 Scotch Bonnet)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (Tatashe)
- 1 cup fresh rayfish
- 3 cups Pumpkin Leaves (Ugu)/Spinach, nicely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 spoons ogbono
- 1 cup palm oil
- Blend the crayfish and peppers together and set aside
- Season and boil the meat until tender
- Add 3 more cups of water and bring to boil
- Add palmoil, okro, blended pepper and crayfish and boil for 5 minutes
- Add the ogbono and iru and stir the pot together
- Add the chopped ugu or spinach
- Leave uncovered to simmer for 2 more minutes and your food is ready!