Almond flour is a super food that is low-carb and far more nutritious than most other flours you can find. It is high in protein and good fats, easy to use, and tastes delicious.
The difference you’ll find with almond flour and other traditional flours is that it is much higher in fat, so you don’t need as much butter or shortening. In addition, almond flour lacks the binding power of the gluten in grain-based flour, so eggs are essential required to make up for this.
- ½ tablespoon butter or coconut oil for pan
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Generously grease a your baking pan with butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs.
- Gradually whisk in the honey, vanilla, almond flour, kosher salt and baking soda one after the other.
- Use a spatula to transfer the batter onto the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until puffy, browned and set, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan to room temperature for about 30 minutes, then slice and serve.