One way to ensure that you don’t fall off track on the keto diet is to ensure that you have a variety of low carb snacks to hand. It is important to remember that the aim of the ketogenic diet is to maintain a state of nutritional ketosis, and your body needs around 20g to 30g of fat each day to achieve this. All it takes is one little slip and a desperate reach for a slice of bread to take you over your allocated carb limit and throw you off the wagon.
Without further ado, let’s dive in on the preparation. Please don’t forget to look through the ingredient list and check that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients listed.
- 4 boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 pinches of stevia
- Glass of almond milk
- Teaspoon of Psyllium husk
- Coconut oil for frying
- Mix the coconut flour, salt, baking powder, stevia in a bowl
- Add enough milk to absorb the batter without being runny
- Add psyllium husk to increase the stickiness of the mixture
- Roll the eggs in the batter until eggs are covered on every side
- Fry the batter-covered eggs in coconut oil until crispy brown