This is a low carb bread recipe that is also grain and gluten free. It does not matter if it is your first time baking with coconut flour, it is easy for anyone to make. It is moist, delicious, and perfect for any occasion.
It is good to note that due to its high fiber content, coconut flour acts like a sponge when you cook with it and is super absorbent. You will therefore need less flour than when using grain-based flour.
Also, coconut flour requires a lot of moisture in the form of eggs. They take the place of gluten and help bind the mixture together. In order to avoid having this bread come out tasting like eggs, two egg whites (without the yolks) were added to increase the moisture. The yolks were removed ensure that the bread does not end up tasting eggy.
Health Benefits of Coconut flour
Coconut flour is low in carbohydrates and high in fiber content. It therefore helps keep blood sugar levels in check with no spikes. Coconut flour also aids in healthy digestion and can help keep your metabolism running smoothly. In addition, the coconut oil it contains is an excellent source of healthy fats. This makes it ideal for low carb recipes and a nutritious alternative to traditional flours.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs, large + 2 egg whites
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Then sift the coconut flour into a mixing bowl.
- Using a mixer, blend the room temperature butter until smoothed.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, egg whites, and apple cider vinegar. Add into the mixer, and blend well.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients of coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Turn on the mixer, and slowly add a spoonful of the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Butter a bread pan, and add the batter.
- Place in the oven, and keep checking for the batter to be completely baked.
- Allow bread to cool in pan until just warm, then remove from pan, slice and enjoy.
This bread is best served at room temperature or even cold. Because of how moist this bread is, it can easily fall apart if cut into fresh out of the oven. But when fully cooled, it does not fall apart as easily.